Monday, February 10, 2014

My Wy Guy's Eyes

Ever have one of those moments in which the light pouring into a room is exquisite, and time seems to stand still?  I was sitting in my little reading corner today, and Wyatt had just finished up his homework and curled up on my lap.  The soft light bounced off of his little eyes so beautifully that it made my heart ache.  He was in an unusually cooperative spirit, so I grabbed my camera for a tiny little series of his gorgeous emerald eyes.  Typically a total goober in front of my lens, today, he subdued a few big grins for these mellow, sweet shots, allowing his eyes to tell their tales.  And in case you're wondering, yes, he is that porcelain. 

Below each shot I will share the settings.  All were taken with natural window light and my Canon 60d and Sigma 35mm 1.4.  I only did minor edits in photoshop...I adjusted output levels to add haze, bumped up contrast, sharpened, and added a brown solid color layer with a blending mode of linear dodge at about 20% to make his freckles pop.

f/1.8      1/500 sec     ISO 640

f/1.8    1/800 sec    ISO 640

f/1.8    1/800 sec    ISO 640

f/1.8    1/800 sec    ISO 640

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! All comments are moderated. Differences of opinion are just as welcome as those more like-minded. The only thing that will prevent a comment from being published is disrespect or ugliness. God bless you, and thank you so much for stopping by!